Here is what I want to do and what my applications are:

Alot of my fly fishing will be still water, since we have alot of ponds locally. Most of these ponds hold bream and largemouth. Most of the largemouth are 1 to 3 pound fish with an occassional large fish up to 9 pounds. Most are free of weeds.
I will also be fishing the sand bars and rocks of White River for white bass and largemouth. Most are 1 to 3 pound fish an occasional large fish up to 12 pounds.
I will be also fishing Little Red for trout.
Most are small trout, but I am sure there are some large ones in there.... I just haven't caught any.
Most of my flies will be sow bug, pheasant tail, Wooly Buggers, bream killers, and poppers.
For the most part the waters I fish are murky at best. The Little Red and upper White are about the clearest waters I will fish. In the Red and the White I will be fishing the rapid shoals.

This will be my first fly rig. As with most combos I am sure the fly rod combos are set up for beginners. I don't want to spend too much on a combo. Wal-mart has the Scientific Anglers Combos that are around $58.00 or so that is a kit with rod, reel, line, and video. If I am not mistaken they are 5-6 weight, 8 foot rod, with med-fast action. The line is weight foward, floating, with the LCL(???) connectors. From what I have read I think this would be the best set for my situation and applications. Any input would be appreciated.

What length of leader, and what test leader should I get? What test tippet?

When I go to get the rod I want to buy pretty much everything else right on the spot.

Thanks,
Ronnie Ladd