+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clark Fork River

Default Clark Fork River

I was watching the Montana St., U Mass. football game on thursday and I was pleased to see some footage of the Clark Fork river. I had never seen this river before and it was a beautiful winter scene.
    Are there any rivers in Montana that are open to trout fishing in the winter?
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Default MontanaRivers

Hi
    Most of our rivers are open the entire year. You can fish them when the weather is not super cold. I fished out of my pontoon boat Thursday. The temperature was 45.

Sorry, but that wasn't Montana State, it was Univ of Montana. Montana State is in Bozeman and Montana is in Missoula. Just a clarification. Did Montana win?

Chugger

Default Clark Fork

Hi Chugger
    You can tell that I'm not a football fan. I didn't even notice it wasn't the Missoula team.

Did I make a mistake thinking Montana St. was playing football?
    I think U Mass beat them. The Montana fans were great!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Doug: being that I live in Bozeman, I got a chuckle out of you saying it was MSU....not that it matters to me since I dont root for either team .

Many of the rivers here open year round...as long as they dont have too much ice. I got out on the Gallatin today and caught a few fish. I could have used a little warmer weather though
    Take care and cya around,

Mark

Mark,
    I've never been to either Montana St. or U of Montana. I am disappointed in myself for making that mistake. I've only been watching football for 40 or more yrs. I think I need to go fishing!
    I'll be at your house in the morning and I'll just sit on a rock while you fish. Maybe I can walk around the Campuses of both colleges and get (educated) about WHERE they are.
    I'll find my ice axe and bring that too!
    Doug

+ Reply to Thread