+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bad knees

Default bad knees

what do you [younger guys ] do with knees that don't like cold weather,uncle Arther has been killing my early fishing time.

------------------
    make a rod, catch a fish

I haven't figured out what to do during, but afterwards a few minutes soaking in a nice hot spa works wonders! It is possible that, if you can get your MD to prescribe it, you may even be able to write a spa off as a medical expense.

How about those liniment "sleeves" that Shaq advertises? Don't know if they make a knee size, but his elbow size should fit most people's knee.

Fatman Guest

It's a real pain to start with. I have it in both knees and both ankles since I was 39 so it's been lot's of fun.

I use lot's of mineral ice salve and when it's really hurting my knee brace. That's about all I use as I have ulcers and most aspirin and Ibeprofen sp?? upset my stomach.

Theres always good days and bad days but you learn to live with it

Fatman

builds rods

i don't know if i quailfy as young anymore, i will be 70 in april, good lord willing. something that works for me are neopren knee braces. try the ones without the metal braces and with the open patella
    cutout. they keep your knees much warmer as well as providing some support.

good luck

mike

thanks guys ,,you all gave me some ideas to try,,cant take the new meds. try-ed a few .thy ease the pain but the side effects are bad..just thankful i can still walk and fish....grumps 70 is young thanks

------------------
    make a rod, catch a fish

buildsrods,
    For the arthritis try taking Glucosamine Sulfate, it is a natural supplement that helps lubricate joints. This in turn may ease up some of the pain you feel in your knees when fishing in the cold. You can buy the stuff at store like GNC, or your local pharmacy may carry them.

thanks, bamboo1963 its shur worth a try

My wife has been taking Glucosamine & says it helps a lot. Keep in mind it takes about 3 weeks before it takes effect.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

If you can take Aleve it works almost as well as the prescription drugs. Another alternative it a cortisone shot in your knees. It will take away the pain and imflammation and lasts about three months.

Grumps suggestion about the neoprene with open patella is a good one too.

Good luck
    Ben

+ Reply to Thread