+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grn Mtn Man's friend Teddy

Default Grn Mtn Man's friend Teddy

GrnMtnMan-Your story really hit home today. I wish I had read it earlier this week. You have epitimized the meaning of giving with your words.

If you have not often felt the joy of doing a kind act, you have neglected much, and most of all yourself.

We all too often neglect the act of giving to those worse off than ourselves. I will be doing my best this season to follow in your foot steps.

Jonezee

What a beautiful story!! Riches are indeed counted in more than mere gold.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Betty & Jonezee,

Thanks for the kind words.

Had another chance to "pass it on" today. Stopped at the local McDonalds on the way into town to finish up some Christmas shopping. Passed a fellow walking along the highway a few minutes before and noticed that he was somewhat dressed for the wind and cold; but, looked like he'd seen better times. About the time the wife and I finished our breakfast biscuit and coffe this same fellow came into the McDonald's and then went back outside with only a small coffee in hand. As we left I went over to him and asked if he needed a bite to eat. I usually don't respond to folks begging etc. ; but, this fellow wasn't asking anyone for anything. He simply responded, " I sure could use another cup of coffee." With "Teddy" in mind I pressed a twenty into his hand and wished him a Merry Christmas and a Happier New Year. He thanked me as he headed back into Mac's to get a bite. Not recounting this as a personal pat on the back; just, hoping that folks don't forget the true meaning of the season and maybe continue it the rest of the year too.

Grn Mt Man,
    Prompted somewhat by Bettys' comment and trusting her judgement, I too read your fine story. Very nicely done and a GREAT memory to have and maintain.

Mark

I SURE DO wish that kind of wisdom had come MUCH earlier to some of us....well me anyway.
    ....lee s.

+ Reply to Thread