Hi friends,

I need a little help here. We had a thread a few weeks ago which evolved into a discussion of vests and tackle bags. In that thread I mentioned that while I used and enjoyed a blue Wood River bag which measures 11"x6"x6", I still missed my old Green WR bag of about the same size which had a few features this blue one doesn't have.

In stepped a Good Samaritan who pointed me to a nice Green WR bag on Ebay. I immediately placed a high bid and wound up with the bag. It arrived, completely new, never used. The bag includes two large cloth covered "hooks" which can be used to attach it to the cross beams of a canoe, or hang it over the side of the boat. It has a velcro net keeper that is pretty cool.

Two main belts are included. One has a buckle and threads through the belt loops on the rear of the bag. This strap (or belt) is obviously intended to go around the waist.

Now here's the problem...... The second belt is actually two pieces of nylon strapping with six inches of velcro on each end of each piece. There is also one D-ring on one section of the strap. It's kind of embarassing to admit since I had one of these 10-12 years ago and used it for several years, but I have no idea how to attach these two velco-laden section as an over-the-shoulder strap. It seems to me like each strap really needs a clip on one end to attach to the D-rings at the upper back corners of the bag.

Might any of you have one of these bags? If so, can you help me out? Am I missing some parts? Or do you somehow attach the velcro ends to the velcro pads on the sides of the bag?

I know this probably seems silly, but I appreciate your indulgence of my ineptitude.

Thanks,
Harry