Fellow Tyers,

I've been considering going rotary for a while now, particularly full rotary, and as luck would have it, recently found a great deal on the big auction site for a brand new Nor-vise including the travel case, video and bobbin kit. Got the whole shebang for less than what the vise alone usually goes for so I just couldn't pass it up. In fact, Big brown Santa will be here any day now and I'm psyched to give the Nor-vise a spin (sorry).

I know some of you are Nor-vise users so I'd very much appreciate your comments about which jaws you use for different sizes/styles of flies. It comes with the regular jaws and I wonder if I should order the offset fine points. And if so, would a larger arbor also be helpful? I tie mostly trout-size stuff (rarely smaller than 20), but occasionally have the need to tie some SW flies as well as larger freshwater. My question for those with the standard jaws, "Do they hinder you when tying small flies?"

The automatic bobbin may take some getting used to, but it doesn't look like rocket surgery so I'm sure I'll be able to get the hang of it.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Have a safe and very Merry Christmas,
Will