Thank you Mark. My meaning on its surface seems shallow but you've looked deeper I think and have seen the concept. Wow, check out those puns !

fcch, thank you and of course it does, with all the things you mention and then some. Water guided in particular. Noted in a subsequent post is the case for taking community college courses in business/accounting.

Part of the meaning of 'guide school' starts/continues is that the clients become the 'teachers'. Granted, the things you mention and a whole lot more would be desirable to take ppl to a moving river. And don't forget bonds, liability insurance, Public Lands Permits, a safe vehicle and not last but VERY important, a memorable lunch, be it shore or brought purchased from a 'guide lunch' service or even created at home by the guides wife or a few times by the guide himself. Chocolate chip cookies always went over really big.

Not to say my previous post suggests one jumps in so to speak, nor that it says all the other knowledge is a given or isn't required, but I hoped a few would see my meaning. Your point is well taken and in fact, there you go, more guide school !

And what about bonafide guide schools? I'd wished I could afford and would have gone, kind of got some schooling from other guides, a lot from reading but liked the idea of going hither and thither checking out other's ways and ideas. Yep, guide schools would have been fun! Thanks again for your input fcch, I appreciate it ! Hoping there's clarification within.

Takes a breath. Wow, you're right Mark...fewer words were so much easier !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose