+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got Traditions?

Default Got Traditions?

Thanks Deanna. Merry Christmas.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Deanna, I very much injoyed your article, this week. It is so true. In my family we do still practice some of the old traditions. I am slowly getting up in the years and I hope I will always try to keep some of our traditions alive. Thanks again John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

Deanna,

Many thanks for your article this week. I agree 100% with your views! Our country would be so much better off today if all of us would remember why this great Nation was established to begin with. Also, if one looks back into world history, it is quite evident that moral decay is one of the primary, if not THE primary, reason(s) for the collapse of many great civilizations in the past. I pray our country will wake up and pull out of what appears to be a downward spiral into moral decay.

Default Jonezee Michigan Christmas Tradition

Since moving to Michigan almost seven years ago, we bought a farm and raise a few horses (amongst other things). We have several horse carts and a couple of sleighs. We love to pull the grand kids around on their little sleighs as it almost always snows just before Christmas. We also have a one horse open sleigh that is reserved for me and Mrs. Jonezee.

Merry Christmas!! and Ho Ho Ho too!!

nice draw there Jonezee.

Traditions define who we are - not as nations, but as people. Deanna's right in numerous ways - the best to do is continue or create the traditions.

The holiday season is tough, but with our own young-uns to pass stuff on to now ..... be it the daughter laughing when I'm crochet scarfs, head bands or dummy strings to replace lost ones. Me cooking holiday treats. Stringing lights outside - the 3yr old gave me a helping hand this year (well - he did, in his mind). Each year, mom and dad used to have family / friends over on the 24th. Those that went to services would come after - but most of all - there used to be a good wind and snow to go with it (something you kind of expect and accept). I've carried this on over the last # of years - it's great.

But one of the tops is trimming the tree. As my dad did, I do now - I let the kids do it, and sit back and enjoy their fun / excitement. Then I'll spoil it a few times by starting to sing with the tunes.

Regardless ..... our kids just can't seem bothered to get out of bed on the 25th any earlier than they do (8:30 and after if we haven't woken them up already). But ... that in itself is a tradition I really don't mind ...........

darrell - My mom was born in Winnepeg, they have snow there too I am told. Like you say, Christmas is for Children. I have had a couple of Christmas's over the years with out children around, just not the same.

+ Reply to Thread