First of all I would like to thank you to admins and all participators of this forum. I have been following the board for a long time as a visitor and I learned lots of things about fly fishing. It?s time to explain my needs and ask for your oppinions.
Let me explain my situation;
I?m a real beginner, I will be fishing for brown and rainbow trouts in a small river, stream and some ponds on them. Most of the time I will use dry flies and nymphs. I started with Cabelas Genesis combo (5 wt) (http://tinyurl.com/ylpmzy) ,I do not know why, but I did not feel comfortable with it, and I decided to change my line and rod. I ordered Cortland 555 High Floating "Dyna" Tip Fly Line (6 wt) . My questions are about a rod and I would be glad if you can add your opinions to them.
I decided to buy BIIX 9? 6 wt. Acording to previous posts, I understand that it is a good rod for all conditions and a perfect rod for beginners to learn how to cast. Is there any advice on alternatives or should I stay with BIIX?
Should I stay with factory rod or do I need a custome rod. Turkey is a quite far away to US and fly fishing is not popular here, I would not have a change to buy an another rod.
If you advise me custom rod, which parts (for the rod and for the spares) should I ask from builder. Do you advise me any rod builder?
Do I need to change my reel also?
Thanks and Best Regards,
Murat