+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Here(Introduction and Thank You)

Default New Here(Introduction and Thank You)

Just registered and thought I would introduce myself.
    My name is Ronnie Ladd. I am from Augusta, Arkansas. I have fished all of my life.... mainly for Crappie, Bass, Bream, and Trout. I have lived right on the White River for most of my life. The Red River is about 45 miles from my home. I am an avid duck and goose hunter. I was a decoy carver by trade, but my health has made me look into being a wildelife artist.
    Yesterday a couple of buddies and I went trout fishing on the Red at Pangburn. This was my first time ever really trying to fish with a true fly rod. I gotta admit that I fell in love with it and we caught several really nice fish. Since then I have searched the web for every bit of info I get ahold of. I have also ordered several catalogs for fly fishing equipment. As soon as money allows I will be purchasing a nice combo and several other items to learn with. Hopefully with any luck I will start tying flies and making rods later as time goes on.

Thanks for having this very nice resource so that folks can learn about fly fishing and fly fishing gear.

Thanks again and Take Care,
    Ronnie Ladd

Welcome to the gang Ronnie, home of the best FF site on the net. My opinion of course.

------------------
    If flyfishing were a sin, I'de be the devil's right hand man.

Welcome, I am an avid duck hunter with appreciation for a nicely carved decoy. Welcome to the board.

Hey Ronnie,

Welcome to FAOL. Glad to have ya on
    board. Lots of good folks here happy to
    help if you need it. Kick back and make
    yourself at home. Warm regards, Jim

Ronnie,
    Welcome to the family! Believe me, you'll learn a lot here. Sounds like you have talents to be shared. Do you have any pictures you could post of those decoys or your artwork? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Ronnie,

Welcome aboard! Hang your waders by the door, pull a chair up by the fire, grab a cup of coffee and settle in. This is a great site with a lot of friendly, folks just chuck full of knowledge about all types of fly fishing and tying.

Join us some evening for some real time chat in the Anglers Hut Chat Room. The subjects vary from nite to nite so drop in, introduce yourself and jump into the conversation.

Ron Eagle Elk (REE)

[This message has been edited by NoahsBoyz (edited 16 May 2005).]

nighthawk Guest

Ronnie,
    Welcome aboard! Hey, maybe some of these folks would work out some kind of swap with you.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

Glad to meet you. Of all the possible addictions, flyfishing could be the best.

Hello Ronnie, welcome to the best ffshing website around.

Before you start to accumulate your gear, take some time to read the archives here. There's just a pile of info regarding proper rods, reels, waders, etc. etc. etc.

I think Nighthawk hit upon a good idea to try....maybe you can swap a decoy or two for some equipment. Do you have any pictures that you could post? You might see some quick responses.

Again, Welcome. You'll enjoy it here.

------------------
    Snow on the roof with fire in the hearth

Ronnie,

A big welcome to a really nice place. I've only been lurking about for a wjile here, but JC, LF and the whole gang all make me feel "reel" welcome.

Nice place here 'cause we all agrre that we can disagree, there's TONS of information here and just all around pleasant folks.

Don't forget to check out the Chat.

------------------
    Christopher Chin
    Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:a213d]http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/[/url:a213d]
    Christopher Chin

+ Reply to Thread