Just registered and thought I would introduce myself.
My name is Ronnie Ladd. I am from Augusta, Arkansas. I have fished all of my life.... mainly for Crappie, Bass, Bream, and Trout. I have lived right on the White River for most of my life. The Red River is about 45 miles from my home. I am an avid duck and goose hunter. I was a decoy carver by trade, but my health has made me look into being a wildelife artist.
Yesterday a couple of buddies and I went trout fishing on the Red at Pangburn. This was my first time ever really trying to fish with a true fly rod. I gotta admit that I fell in love with it and we caught several really nice fish. Since then I have searched the web for every bit of info I get ahold of. I have also ordered several catalogs for fly fishing equipment. As soon as money allows I will be purchasing a nice combo and several other items to learn with. Hopefully with any luck I will start tying flies and making rods later as time goes on.

Thanks for having this very nice resource so that folks can learn about fly fishing and fly fishing gear.

Thanks again and Take Care,
Ronnie Ladd