+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little help please

Always glad ato see someone from MA on this board. I don't fish out your way but would suggest that the best place to fish is probably the Swift river in Belchertown. It is a slow river that is the tailwater for the Quabin. Its flow is very consistent and the water comes out from the bottom of the reservoir so its temperature is always somwhat moderated. It has a population of small midges so fishing can be done with # 22 - 26 flies. It is not a pocket water river so you may have an easier time fishing it.

Don't get frustrated as winter time means less activity and therefore less success. Hope to see you on the water.

jed

Thanks for all the tips guys..I guess I need to get some midge flies or learn to tie them....It has been nice hearing from a few Massachusetts anglers as well.

Mike

I'll second Jed's suggestion of fishing the Swift...I was just there last weekend and they were hitting small nymphs and midges #26's...I managed a couple on dry brown midges. The other two guys I was fishing with both managed about 10 a piece over the course of 4-5 hours.

Happy Fishing,

Pemi

+ Reply to Thread