Hi Everyone,

I am from Canada and I find that you will come across people who will not ship things to Canada, not sure why? I asked a guy on E-Bay one time if he would consider shipping a wading jacket to Canada, on the listing it had to US only, his reply was $40.00. When I said I was not shipping to the North Pole he sent me a dirty E-Mail. The jacket ended up going for a really cheap price. If I would of bid the price would have gone higher and the owner would have made more money on the deal. Just don't understand why someone would not want to make more money on the item they are selling. I purchase a lot of things of E-Bay because I can't get what I want locally. I also find that the USPS is a great way to ship stuff. I have bought a fly rod out of California and I've bought a fly line from New Hampshire and both were received in just a week and no extra charges. I have also bought items that get delayed because of customs and you usually know this when the delivery time is a little longer then norminal, but usually the custom charges are minimal, a few bucks. The only thing I ever got caught on was on a cheap pair of waders I bought as a backup and the person would only ship by UPS. It took over 2 weeks to get the item and when they delivered them it cost me twice what I paid for the waders in Import and Custom fees. So the moral to this story is never again will I use UPS.

My 2 cents worth,
Alan (salmonguy)