Some FANTASTIC ideas!!!

Ok, so far:

1. I like the Yakutat idea.
2. I like the steelhead alley idea, but I'm only abut 3.5 hours drive from the Salmon River in New York and go there a couple times a year... will be going there quite often next year. HOWEVER, I've never fished the Cat and appreciate the idea of staying in a free cabin! How generous you are, Philip! (I've come to realize that there are some very awesome people in the world.)
3. Steven, sorry to hear about your friend. Life's short. I was diagnosed with malignant melanoma about 4.5 years ago. Lucky for me, I got it early and I'm out of the woods (for now). New Zealand was actually one of my ideas.
4. Diane, I think your idea is going to be the one. Alaska and Bliss.
5. Tailingloop, I've considered Costa Rica or something like that, just because its so different from what I normally do. I also like the researching and exploring idea combined with fishing with a guide.
6. I can't take two months off... or even one. Maybe a two week vacation at best. Possibly save up for a three week to a month off in the future, several years down the road.

Someone mentioned saying good-bye to the wife and kids. Well, saying good-bye to the wife is the life changing event! I'm getting a divorce, but I'm keeping the kids and the house. The story is a sad one for the soon-to-be-ex-wife, but a great one for me and my family. She's always given me a hard time about fishing, my favorite hobby... so I've got alot of catching up to do. Nothing better than guilt-free fishing.

This will be a soul-cleansing trip to say the least. So far, it's either:

1. Alaska/BC and Philip's offer.
or
2. Some exotic location and Philip's offer.

I plan on hitting Colorado for a ski trip where I can scope out the fishing opportunities and collect some info. Montana is a given, but maybe with the kids so we can go to Glacier National Park. Thinking of hitting the Kootenai (spelling?) River which is only about an hour (so I'm told) from Glacier National Park. My son is 8 years old, and want to wait for him to get a little older so he can enjoy the fishing a little more. My daughter is 14 and would love to get away to a remote location to relax.

But for this trip, the two choices above are in the running. I think New Zealand will be a trip I do with a buddy in the future as well.

My best days are ahead. All of your thoughts are very much appreciated.

Now, I could use help narrowing down these ideas. I'll look at the Yakuta site and the other links provided.

Thanks!