I'm a big fan of the Stormy Seas stuff. I have the basic vest- not the FF model- and use it as a layer. Some like the SOS stuff (my girlfriend has SOS Suspenders-I think they call it) but I don't see it as being that inobtrusive- unless its really hot and you don't have much else on.... The nice thing about the Stormy vest is that you can wear it like a regular garment. It's comfortable and you don't feel like a dork.... The SOS doesn't work like that, requiring another layer besides it- next thing you know, you feel like the kid in the snowsuit in "A Christmas Story" who can't move!!! I don't think they offered the FlyFishing vest when I got mine way back when. Oh, one other thing I like about the regular vest as opposed to one designed as a Fly Fishing vest. You don't have to swap stuff out if you fish for different species. For instance, I just keep the vest with my generic fishing bag- it's there whether I'm going Cod fishing, tuna wishing, or fly fishing... I think SOS also makes a fanny pack type inflatable, but I can't see how that could be in the same league safety-wise as something supporting your upper body. I'd rather not be floating down a raging river "butt-up"...