+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caught Fishing

I have to admit that I admire a friend of mine (who works for the state) and his direct approach. His boss tells him on thursay afternoon the schedule of tasks their crew will be doing on friday. "Ed" replies that he will be sick tommorrow. Boss responds with exasperation, "You can't stand there healthy as a horse and tell me you are going to be sick tommorrow!". "Ed" replies, "Whatever; If you'd rather have me call you at your house at 5:30 a.m.- wake your wife and kids, and give you some song and dance then, then I'll talk to you in the morning..." Boss ponders this scenario a moment, and says, "Have a nice weekend Ed". I understand the stripers in the Block Island surf were every bit as cooperative that weekend.

Now that I'm single, I can't lie to my wife about fishing or my boss either. Soooo! What To Do?
    I was at the laundromat late a night recently and as I was driving into the parking lot, there were no other cars there and I thought, good!
    I opened the door and there was a homeless man inside sitting down with his boots off.
    I was loading my clothes into the washing machine, when there was a crash. I looked up and he had taken a nose dive into the floor! I said, "Are you alright?" He said he was. That is the last communication that we had because the next HOUR and a half, the homeless man talked to himself, argued with himself and questioned himself. I was tempted to tell him to shut up. I decided to listen to him to try to figure out what he was talking about, but no luck!
    He gave me the idea that if I want to lie about going fishing, I'll have to do it to myself.
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Default Are you kidding?

You have to be.
    Always, but Always start your plea with
    "Are you going to believe me or your eyes that you know you can't believe". As in " I cant believe my eyes!'

Default Re: Are you kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by perch
    You have to be.
    Always, but Always start your plea with
    "Are you going to believe me or your eyes that you know you can't believe". As in " I cant believe my eyes!'
    EXCELLENT! I'll have to remember that one.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today, however, lies have been known to catch up with you.

Six of our workers asked if they could have a extra day on a long weekend to go fishing. It was ok'd and off they went for 4 days-----one wife not in on the arrangments called in saying her husband was sick. Wonder how many times she called in before???

Okay, I've resisted replying here long enough only because the time I was "caught" has finally been forgotten (I think).

I finished work early on a project near a local stream, and I "just happened" to have my gear in the truck. So...

There I was casting to some steelhead and the photographer for the local paper comes walking up, snapping away. Long story-short, front page, full color shot of me casting the long rod, on a beautiful fall evening, painting an idyllic picture of fishing in Oregon. It made it to the A.P. and even my brother in S. California caught it in the L.A Times.

I took a lot of razzing for that, for a very long time.

Bill

+ Reply to Thread