Last April, I called in sick to work because a friend of mine was going to Stanley Idaho after steelhead. If you have ever fished the East fork of the Salmon River, you know that the water level goes up with the weather improving. Because of this limited window, I had to go fishing. I meant to put on sunscreen, because I am very fair of skin and burn easy, but I was so busy catching fish I somehow forgot. Needless to say, I recieved a second degree burn on my casting hand. When I returned to work the fallowing monday, I gave the, "I was helping my wife prepare the garden story." to my credit I did help my wife with the garden for a couple of hours on that Saturday, not enough to get burnt though.

The story was met with sceptacism and I am a very lousy liar. I also have a reputation at work for thinking only about fishing and I burnt my hand the year before on one of my fishing trips.

The other time was last year also, I returned from church and my wife asked me, "Why did you take your fly rod?"

Do they have a support group for this type of behavior?

Anyone else get caught?