+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thanksgiving Day 2006 Article

Default Thanksgiving Day 2006 Article

That was a great article Joe. It makes me want to go out and chase some gills.

Joe, Sure had me itchin' to go chase some gills and redears as I was reading the article. The picture really revved up my engine!!

Thanks, guys. Get used to the idea of seeing more photos: two weekends ago I bought a Canon SD 800 IS point-and-shoot digital. No bigger than a pack of cigarettes, it sits in my shirt pocket where it's real handy. I intend to take it along with me every trip from here on out. One reason being, too many times I've encountered other fly fishers and wished I had a camera to take a photo of them in action. Now I can do that, and will.

My big fear, though, is fumbling a camera into the lake, because when I'm photographing a new-caught fish I often have other stuff going on and must hold the camera one-handed. Pretty nerve-racking business.

Joe
    "Better small than not at all."

Joe,

Put it on a lanyard around your neck. That's how I now have my new digital camera set up (mine has a hand strap slot on the side of the camera that I put the lanyard through). I keep the camera in a new small camera case on my tackle pack (fanny/belly pack) belt but I made a lanyard for it also out of some thick black shoestrings for hanging around my neck when I'm using it. Even though my Pentax Optio W10 is waterproof, the neck lanyard works like my neck strap for my Canon SLR and is my "peace of mind" that it won't go overboard.

Just be careful you don't strangle yourself with it.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

+ Reply to Thread