+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fly Tying Light

Default Fly Tying Light

Wow I just ordered one of those Mckenzie lights that attaches to the vise, what a difference! I was able to tie for about 2 1/2 hours last night, my eyes didnt get tired like usual and my flys came out much neater. I just can not believe the difference. I have been tying for years with a little cheap desk lamp. I have seen the light!

Good morning Alan ! And where does one view the McKenzie light? I have one of those great big cumbersome Luxo lights...good in the day, but in the way now. I should give it away to the first person that reads this and knocks on the door ! Been up the river?

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Hey George... I got mine at http://www.jsflyfishing.com/

I fished Between Sims and Conant on Friday. It was a very cold clear day. Not much bug activity. Probably would have been a good day to nymph but I was stuborn and stuck with the dries. After it finally warmed up a bit in the afternoon I picked up a couple of real nice fish on Cripples. Never saw another person. All in all an awesome day.

Thanks Alan ! I'm checking it out the McKenzie light now. Sounds good about Sims and Conant, same here too...sticking with dries there. I've got some snow on the ground here at the house...first time in several years. The North is brown but greening so I hope to get upriver soon. Talk to you !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Default Dang

It better be that good for sixty clams! I'm using a halogen desk lamp and it works fine. Granted, I do have eyes like a hawk.

Default Re: Dang

Quote Originally Posted by Gigante
    It better be that good for sixty clams! I'm using a halogen desk lamp and it works fine. Granted, I do have eyes like a hawk.
    $60 is a small price to pay for better flys.

+ Reply to Thread