Lots of people wrote about the streams, rivers and tributaries that can be fished throughout central New York.

I have one more Finger Lake option. During the winter I spend some time fishing Cayuga, Senaca and Keuka Lakes from shore. You can catch bass, pike, land locks, rainbow trout, and brown trout.

Fishing can be brutal on some days because overcast, slightly windy days are the best for fishing. Anyway, the general strategy, and I am certain it will work on any of the Finger Lakes, is to locate points, ledges, warm water discharges and tributary mouths and fish the edges/dropoffs. In many areas it is possible to wade into the lake waist deep and make a 20 yard cast and be in deep water. In other areas you don't even need to do that.

Generally I use a sinking or intermediate line, 10 ft 9 Wt rod, reel with decent drag, casting basket and large bunny flies.

The flies are based on a double bunny pattern I bought in a local (now out of business) fly shop. Essentially, the fly is a clouser minnow tied with bunny strips instead of bucktail. Lots of flash attached. My favorite color combos are white/grey and white/chartruese(sp).

I also use this pattern in the local tribs for salmon and browns.