If a trout is raised on pellets in the hatchery until it is 8 inches long and then released into a river and a year later that trout is 13 inches long it is still considered "just a hatchery trout" looked down on by some fly fishers. Why? It grew 5 inches by eating from the river just like other trout. To assume that it cannot be "wild" would be the same thing as telling others that a wolf raised on a bottle by humans and then released into the wild is no longer a wolf but a pet. The trout and the wolf will become wild and elusive and given time will reproduce.

With the humans ruining the water everywhere, finding "wild" trout is about as hard as finding something 100% "American Made"!

I guess I am just tired of reading how some fly fishers look down on other fly fishers because they are just catching hatchery fish instead of "wild" fish. They make it sound like you are fishing in a fish tank.

Now go ahead and "jump" on me for posting this. It is just my feelings only and do not expect me to respond to your "thumping". I do not play those games.

My opinions only and nothing more.