+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attn. Pirates

Default Attn. Pirates

Oregonian, Wed. 11-15-06
    Headline; Thank you sir, may I have another?
    The Bahamas have reinstated the punishment of lashings with a cat-o-nine tails.
    Waiting for recomendations for candidates.
    Only true Pirates are eligible for the trip.
    Let's send a good crew that would be representative of FAOL. If some fail to return, then we will find replacements.
    Thank you for your cooperation!
    You pick what pirate and no football teams,
    Doug P.S. Plank walking classes will be supplied.
    Bring your own rum.
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

The Bahamian Ministry of Tourism is a sponsor of FAOL and has been for several years. I would suggest that if in that area, one might select a life of 'non-crime' stuff. To do otherwise may leave one with a truly memorable experience, for which one had not planned.
    Oddly, just the knowledge of the "C.O.N.T" seems to have an effect on me way up here in Seattle. It would be interesting to know the "real, real" details. If I learn anything about this, I will try to bring it here. I wonder if it was brought up by bonefish guides who had 'sports' who couldn't Double-Haul or understand the difference between 'ten 0:clock and 2 o:clock. I can see a connection there. Hooking the guide could be 'way up there' too. Gives a whole new meaning to "the cat's outta the bag!"

I forgot to mention that it might be a good idea if you didn't have a headlight or tailight out, or play your stereo too loud in the Bahamas. Don't tailgate, speed or run anyone into the ditch. Above all be respectful of the Police. Don't give them dirty looks. Don't look like a Spy (no sunglasses)
    For instance, don't refer to your wife as Agent 99, except in private.
    I don't know for sure, but the Bahamians might duct tape 8 of the 9 tails for small infractions, so jaywalking wouldn't be so painful.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread