Quote Originally Posted by DShock
Quote Originally Posted by MarkKillam
I have had the fishing be too easy a few times, once last year and twice this year. The second time this year was the funniest (for me at least). I was I wanted to fish a lake along a trail and decided to head down the trail a bit early so I could get my float tube out and have some fun. I saw four other guys fishing from shore (with fly rods) and not catching anything. I get in my tube and wander out a bit into the lake. On my second cast I catch a fish....cool. I had seen the guys fishing from not catch anything so I was happy. Well an hour later I had caught probably 25 cutts between 8-12 inches without even trying. It didn't matter what I tried, letting the fly just sit on the water, slowly stripping it back in, or even skating it, the fish would take my fly. Shoot if I had a sloppy backcast and the fly touched the water, there was a cutt all over it. I didn't change flies (was using a size 18 Griffith's Gnat) but I seriously doubt it would have made a difference. I finally quit when I saw my parents heading down to the lake. Needless to say it was fun, but I do prefer at least a bit of a challenge . As for the guys from shore, they finally caught a few fish, but nowhere near as many or as easily as I was catching fish. Now I am just waiting until next year when the fish have put on a bit more size (plus it should be a real blast with a bamboo rod next go around).
Mark, I'm sure the guys on the shore, can hardly wait to see YOU next year!
Actually my parents have hiked by there several times and that was the first time they had seen anyone else fishing that lake. Next time I wont go on Labor Day weekend