+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's Cookin'....?

Default What's Cookin'....?

Hey, it's mostly fish recipes. How about my favorite.....the all american meat and potatoes stuff? You know, like hot dogs, tater chips and a cold beer? Well, hopefully there's some better beef, pork, and chicken recipes out there to come.

Hey Gem,
    Got a good one for ya. It's PORK GOULASH and it's fairly easy.
    In a fairly un-shallow fry pan, brown 6( or more) -1/2 to 3/4 inch salt and peppered pork chops. With bone is better. When chops are brown almost, add 2or 3 large sliced yellow onions, a couple bay leaves and continue browning till onions are translucent. To that add a can of beer, can of chicken broth and can of water and continue cooking( lower flame) for about an hour. Mix about 3 tablespoons flour in about about 12 oz beer and slowly add to simmering chops while constantly stirring. This last process adds body/thickness to the sauce so add the beer/flour mixture only to the consistency you like. It gets thicker as it begins to boil.Continue cooking for about 5 minutes to cook the raw flour taste out. Serve over rice, mashed or wide flat noodles.
    The GREAT part of this recipe is that you can substitute ANY meat except fish . If you like beef burgundy, substitute burgundy/red wine instead of beer.

Mark

Default What's Cooking

Marco,
    That all sounds great. Thanks for the recipe and your time and effort. I like it. It is how I like fly tying....step by step instructions because I am such an old rookie at it.

My wife is...uh...is ill and I am living alone. Not used to having to cook. I go see her when I can. I go back and forth. But...I NEED those recipes.

Thanks again for taking the time.

As I type this I am ccoking lake perch...sorry JC
    Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

you can give this one a try too
    [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/whatscooking/cookin111206.html:99146]Summer Harvest Spaghetti[/url:99146]

Thanks She Ties. Printed that one in color also. mmmm, start out with a nice white wine, merlot w/ dinner, next a couple pony glasses of a good ten year tawny port from Portugal, and then...dessert with a glass of Elysium desert wine. Then the chair with some Brendan's Irish cream liquer.

I'm salivating....ugh huh?

Sounds soooooooo good.

Thanks again.
    I'm ten miles from a small town, which is 3.5 hours from Phoenix metro. Out here....living alone.....that looks like good food.

Will sit in my back yard, sip some good stuff, and stare at the big dipper in my northern horizon and enjoy the cool, quiet, dark night air, stars in the sky... with my two pooches.

Gem, if you like cornbread or cornbread muffins get a box of 'Albers' brand yellow cornmeal and check out the recipes right on the box ! I like the recipe for the muffins and use a pan that only makes six...I add an extra egg, leave out half the sugar and two thirds of the salt and use skim milk. They're good to my taste and they are great to take fly fishing. Be careful because baking can become addictive once you get the hang of it...when I first got the bread machine, I would make bread just to get that first fresh hot slice lathered up with butter and I blew up like a tick ! Had to knock that off.

Cheers and Happy Holiday,

MontanaMoose

Hey Montana Moose....you the moose that bit that guy's girlfriend.....? ha ha

someone left that ending to their msg on here

Thanks for the food. I have a favorite bread machine muffin bread recipe. I need to put it on here for ya.

even steven, ya know.....

will do.....today is paperwork and bill paying day
    tomorrow early may be on the stream....hooray

Wed gotta go to Phoenix and spend turkey day with wife and daughter and hubby. Wife ill and has to stay there. She doing much better now though.

Hello again Gem, well, I don't remember biting anyone's girl friend...recently... :))

I'm glad to hear of your good fortune in all areas from fly fishing today to your wife's health improving. Sure, post the recipe and I'll give it a try and I'm sure many others will too !

Have a great trip to Phoenix and a great Thanksgiving too !

Cheers !

MontanaMoose

In the movie Tommy Boy, wouldn't that have been somethin if they had put a Moose in the back seat instead of a Buck? A lot more damage to the car!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread