+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Puerto Rico in 07

Default Puerto Rico in 07

Next year, My wife and I will travel to Puerto Rico for a conference that my wife has to attend for her job. I got permission to bring a fly rod and have started tying to get information on the DIY opportunities there. We will be on the island about a week. Has anyone ever done a DIY trip with a fly rod to Puerto Rico? I have gotten some information but not too much. I have relatives there, but they aren't fly rodders at all. They will take care of me as far as the food, rum and tourist stuff goes. I have contacted a couple of guides concerning a tarpon trip at one of San Juan lagoons (heard both good and bad about that) but I have heard there are beaches that are quite wadeable.

Any information will be appreciated. Thanks.

Fish hard.

I fished at a random beach and had some action there. I think there is also an interior lake that holds Peackock Bass. I believe there was an article written about Puerto Rico fishing on this site. Try the site search engine.

jed

Hey all, thanks for the link. I have read about that lake and a couple of others in PR that have peacock. I did a search and it turned up things that were even related - one day I will learn how to use these things.

Thanks.

In boricua, there are tarpon, snook, redfish, seatrout, peacock bass, and even a few bonefish. I think google is probably your best bet.

I have been getting a ton of stuff about the opportunities that may exist. We also decided to stay in Vieques for a couple of days. Yes, bonefish from the beach.

While my wife is in her conferences, I can explore more of the salt. Look forward to it.

+ Reply to Thread