+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keep Cyanide and Diesel out of Boise River deadline nov15

Default Keep Cyanide and Diesel out of Boise River deadline nov15

I have lived in Nevada selling welding supplies to the mines, Cyanide leech mines are not helpful to the environment especially at the headwaters of our local water sources. Despite our best efforts, diesel and cyanide get into the water sources. After the dirt has gone through the process to remove gold, it is sterile and does not support any life. Please join me for a town hall meeting November 15, 2006.

The mining companies, even after they stop mining, keep the mines open with a skeleton crew to avoid the contracturaly required reclemation of the ground and environment. Take a visit to Yearington Nevada and look at the mines there if you do not believe.

Meeting is from 6 - 9 PM in Boise City Council Chambers, at Capitol and Main downtown. The best thing that can happen for the Middle Fork of the Boise will be for a broad, varied, and vocal constituency to show up.

I can not say enough about how we need to have our voices heared. The worst thing we can do is nothing.

We had a good turnout of a diverse group of people for the town hall meeting. There was one doctor who said, "I am not against mining, but I am against this mine." I don't know were it will go from here, but the city of Boise is going to at least ask for certain concessions. Wish us luck. I guess we can try to pass a law like Montana did.

+ Reply to Thread