Okie
I have very tenuous access to the crappie pond or I would gladly invite you. My fishing buddy's daughter married into the large family that owns and lives on the land around the water. I have only fished on it twice by myself with permission from the daughter. The family that lives there of course do not fish, but they are very jealous of their privacy.
I have done well flyfishing the damn on lake hefner. It is rather treacherous waking near the waters edge
but it is exciting because you don't know what you will catch. The green sunfish are most prevalent but you will also catch LM Bass, catfish and the other day I caught a nice freshwater drum. I would not recommend walking the damn if the waves are splashing onto the rocks to any degree. When the rocks near the water's edge are wet they are so slippery that it is not safe.

If you are not I recomend that you join up with http://www.prairieflyfishers.org/ They have meetings once a month and it is a good place to make connections. I went to a couple of meetings but ended up not joining because i am still working and my wife and I are very active in our church,and I fly fish around 100 outings (plus or minus)per year. I just did not have time.