Friday, November 10th was a milestone birthday for the Marine Corp. We celebrated at our American Legion post with a cake decorted with Semper Fi on it. And in true Marine Corp fashion, cut it with a Marines sword. Least we all not forget the other branchs of our armed services Army - Navy - Air Force - Coast Guard and during World War II the Seabee's and the Merchant Marine. My uncle was an Navy Officer during World War II on a navy tanker int he south pacific. I can't think of a more nerve ranking duty that to be bobbing around the pacific in Japanese patroled waters with submarines all around you and be on a Tanker. He came home safe but a lot of his fellow men did not. I know of Coast Guardsmen in Viet Nam that were in the thick of it too, no one is safe while at war, now that includes us here at home too. May God help to protect and defend out men and women in the field from harm and help to bring them home to their familes and loved ones. We are a nation of one and an fighting force of one. If you come across a soldier in uniform or a verteran, please stop for just a moment and thank them for serving their country. You cannot imagine how much that simple jesture would mean to them.