+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: been a ruff season, so what have you lost

Default been a ruff season, so what have you lost

A question was posted.....what have you lost ...man some of the things listed are amazing....
    I have lost 3 full fly box's so far this year (thanks brother in law ) had a guide series gander mountain 9 ft 8 wt stolen with a ross big game 4 reel set for steel head...had yet to catch a fish on eather....got the rod for my son..( new one on its way very soon)
    had my waders blow out of the truck after my buddy neglected to close the tail gate, met every fish cop in every state I have fished, some more than once ( 4 states ) ( no tickets just lic checks ), slid down some steep hills in the lovley state of PA broke another rod there, put a few holes in my waders that blew out of the truck, ( was time for some new ones any ways), went steel head fishing last weekend hooked 21 and to add insult to injury I landed zero all the while getting slammed by my buddys who were fishing not too far from me and saw most hook ups... any one know the cost of bowling cause it's got to be cheeper than this sport, I figure I am up to round $1500.00 sofar and it is just the beginning of the spring season.......so how is your season going ? what have you lost?

OUCH !!!

double ouch......

Frogpoop,

Tough luck buddy! Keep your head up.

yea if I dont keep my head up I may become fish food.......just been one of those years I care not to do again, has anyone had this bad of a year the whole year? I am looking forward to the second half.....now the quest continues for a new reel and next payday more tieing materials, and next pay.......

Too funny, JC.
    Lost my famous watermelon-colored flats shirt, I think Linda let the pit bulls tear it up. "She" thinks I gave it to the son-in-law, and I know damned well I would never do such a stupid thing (I paid five bucks for that Orvis Bonehead shirt!!).

Hey JC it sounds like one of those " ya just had to be there" stories. AND YOU WERE.
    Amazing coincidence.

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

lol .... "thanks brother in law" ... sound like your bro in law related to mine ... would like to hear that story.. got a few duckhunting ones to make ya laugh so hard you could cry .

------------------
    Mike

I started a father son fishing trip a few years ago and it has grown a litte, ended up taking my brother in law and nefue with us, all total there were 8 kids and 5 adults my brother in law is a big guy 6 6/ 6 8 round 300 lbs give or take a cheese burger or two... just getting into river fishing, borrowed my noodle rod, no vest, special order waders from cabelas, he was using my fish pond chest pack and near as we can figure he "missed" putting the box's back into the pouch not once not twice but three times.....three flull box's of flies....good thing I tie, my bro in law is a ver nice guy some ppl get maried and end up with out laws I was luck and my sister married a great guy just a little clumbsy jinda like jetro , and TJ (bro in law) if you are reading this no harm no fowl, I will fish with ya any time

The other day I was fishing and found a bowling ball rolling along the bottom. I saw a split in the middle with some line running through it. I bet it was JC trying to get to the bottom during the spring run off. He must have run out of split shot.

jed

+ Reply to Thread