+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Christmas Presents

Default Christmas Presents

Just wondering what everyone is giving out for Christmas, I know that I am giving out memberships to organizations who are on the front lines everyday fighting for what we love best, this way they have the support they need and friends and family can get an insight into all of the things these organizations actually do to help us out.

Rick

i'm gonna send a bunch of warm water flies to my buddy. I am getting him in to fly fishing, and he doesn't have many flies, so it will be a good gift.

Warm Water

Rick - I really like that idea!
    thanks for sharing

I'm working on a PowerPoint presentation with photos of the places I fished with my buddies this year. I'm also having 2006 Fishing Tour T-shirts printed up with a list of the locations on the back and a photo on the front.

This may sound selfish, but I'm giving myself a sabatical from sitting on three boards for FF organizations. After five intense years of volunteering as editor of three newsletters, planning conclaves & expos, sitting as membership chairs and a couple more positions I never learned to say no to, I'm taking a year off just for myself to go fishing and to tie flies that I can give away on stream. I will still travel to events to tie and teach (that's the fun stuff), but it's time to back away from the grind and let others enjoy the fun. It's not as much fun as you think when "everyone knows your name."

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Rick, many give "Friends of FAOL" memberships as Christmas gifts, as they feel FAOL does a lot for fly fishing by helping grow the recreation and supporting stewardship of the environment.

Friends of FAOL will be added to my list of memberships, each one will be chosen with regards to the interests of the recieving party to spark interest. But that T-Shirt idea is awesome too, like a Rock 'n' Roll tour only better! ha!
    Thanks

Rick

+ Reply to Thread