+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for our neighborhood

Default Please pray for our neighborhood

My 7yr old son's school bus was in a terrible accident on Monday on the way to school. He is physically ok, just a little banged up. Thank God.

Our entire neighborhood has been rocked by this event. We do not know what happened but two men were killed in the accident and two of our neighborhood children are not doing so well.

My wife is expecting number 5 and she has "hit the wall" emotionally. You can not imagine this type of thing happening to you.

Our neighborhood is a very close community and we are all trying to figure out how to help the two families of these children.

The only thing that we can do now is ask everyone to lift them up in your thoughts or prayers.

nighthawk Guest

Oh My!!! There seems to have been a rash of these incidents across that nation as of late. KCFly, you are all in my prayers. Tell your wife to hang in there. I pray for a healthy number five for both of you.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

KCFly;
    My thoughts are with you. You are amoung friends here!!

------------------
    Cactus

KC,
    My prayers are with you all. Your community's closeness will create a tremendous strength in these tough times.
    God Bless,
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

You have our prayers from over here in Lawrence. Watched the coverage on Channel 5. I'm glad you're son is not banged up. He'll sure need you emotionally. Thanks for letting us in. God Bless. -Jeff

KCFly,
    While in high school, my daughter was involved in the school bus accident in Georgia on the way with the chorus and band to sing in perform in Disneyworld. The driver fell asleep. She had some bumps and bruises but several of the kids had disfiguring "road rash". She had severe nightmares for many months and needed some counseling. I am not sure she has gotten over it!

I am telling you this as warning that the effects of the accident on your son will continue for a long time and you need to prepare for that so you can help him. Good luck. Your family zand friends are in my thoughts.

Regards,

Keith

Sorry to hear - I wish you good luck, and am thinking of you in Oz.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

KCFly,

I agree, there does seem to be a rash of them. In DC there was a horrendous crash between a school bus and a garbage truck about two weeks ago. For the way the bus looked, it is a miracle that there were not more deaths although, sadly, there were two children who died. The accident did not affect my family or neighborhood directly, we live a good distance from DC, but still I think we all felt for those parents and children who went through it.

While my prayers are with you and your neighborhood, I say there should be a prayer said for *all* school bus drivers. That's one thankless job that I am glad I don't do (my own is thankless, but that's another story, no one dies when their offices are not heated or cooled, they just go home).

Paul

Today they announced that the bus had been havingbrake problems. While this is still disturbing I am glad that the problem was with the mechanics of the bus rather than human error.

The bus driver will have enough to deal with without having to feel responsible. If it was not for her quick thinking it would have been much worse.

Again thank God and thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

I'v heard of very disturbing bus accidents in my time, but right now, yours is the one to pray about, you are in my prayers, as well as all those involved.

Tim
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

+ Reply to Thread