+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Record fish

Default Record fish

The post on the huge brookie makes me wonder

Should triploids be considered when setting records?

maybe they should be in there own class

I agree on a class of their own - if records tickle your fancy. My records are fish on - or not. Picture - or no picture. Big (HUGE) fish are great bonus' - and really pump the adrenalin - but for me .... that's about it.

Triploids - and all other genetically modified fish, are created and put there for the anglers / recreation. I appreciate the efforts put forth and all, but I'm still on the fence regarding playing the creator. ...... still chewing on that one ............

darrell,

Since they do not have to go through the stresses of spawning, AND have increased growth rates over natural brookies, i think that they should be in they're own class.

I would not fish for them.

I must've missed a few things..where is the post of the big Brookie, and what is a triploid?

Well, I googled triploid fish and got that part cleared up. Genetically altered sterile fish with 3 sets of chromosomes. Fish that put all their energy into growth as opposed to reproduction- like a capon bird. Sounds weird and a little grim to me. What happens when we get a couple of non-sterile mutants with some other "bio surprize" from this messing around? Let's open another pandora's box because as a society we can't bear catching average fish, nor work to attain results. Let's just cheat, like a kid with a video game that buys the code to "beat the game"...lame...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by backbeach
    Well, I googled triploid fish and got that part cleared up. Genetically altered sterile fish with 3 sets of chromosomes. Fish that put all their energy into growth as opposed to reproduction- like a capon bird. Sounds weird and a little grim to me. What happens when we get a couple of non-sterile mutants with some other "bio surprize" from this messing around? Let's open another pandora's box because as a society we can't bear catching average fish, nor work to attain results. Let's just cheat, like a kid with a video game that buys the code to "beat the game"...lame...
    I once had a really hard video game so I bought a game genie that made My Character invincible. Exctiedly I said to my younger sister , this genie makes it just as easy as your little kids games. My Dad spoke up and asked then why don't you just play the easy little kid games. Quite an insult to a young teenager. I threw the genie thing away and went back to the challenge that I bought the game for originally. It is the same with tripiloyds. If you make it to easy you might as well throw the game away. Plus nothing can go wrong go wrong go wrong .........Genetics can be a scarey thing...
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Sounds like they have their limitations.................being sterile and all

+ Reply to Thread