Just wanted to vent a little. Bought a very nice 2004 Ford focus zlt with low miles for a excellent price. 5 days later the brakes hang up on the front. we have the extended warrenty bumber to bumber for the next 3 years or 100,000 which ever comes first. My wife calls the dealer cause it is her car and says hey I am bringing the car in to get everything sealed and while it is there the front brakes are hanging up and the calipers need to be replaced. The dealer takes the car does the sealing and then tells her we drove the car and the brakes are fine you must have had some dust in them thats all. My wife brings the car home (big mistake) and I check the brakes by touching the roters (another big mistake). and they burn my fingers. Now my wife has probably repaired as many cars from simple brake jobs to total rebuilds as most mechanics. I found out she brought the car home cause she was so mad she was going to hit the guy. He told her most women think the brakes are bad when it is just a little dust. They had not driven the car 1 mile. Heres my beef
Why is it when a woman takes a car into a repair shop or to get tires fixed etc. they treat them like a dumb woman. This is the 2000's not the 1800's. This is not the first time this has happened to my wife or other women I know and it really gets my blood boiliing. I for the life of me don't know how the sex of a person can determine the intelligents. Fortuneatley the dealer called me today. We, shall we say had a chat about how my wife was treated. They will be sending a car out for her to drive and picking up her car to fix it. I should have never had to talk to them! I don't think they will ever question my wife again but what about the other lady's who bring a car in for repair. my daughter in-law is a little calmer. A repair shop where she bought her new car was giving her a hard time and treating her like a "woman" all she said was excuse me while I call my lawyer and see what I can get for breech of contract. The car was repaired correctly for a change. This is Idaho does it happen in other states?