Quote Originally Posted by anglerdave
Quote Originally Posted by Jonezee
Posted: Nov 8, 2006 10:41 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I amazed the folks at the Michigan 'Fish-In' with an opening casting demonstration, trick casting and distance (the whole line plus some backing). Then gave the whole thing (rod, reel, line, backing and leader) away to a person who only had one old rod. The combo I gave away sells for less than $60.00! The whole combo. So, who are these 'elitists' who are blowing big bucks on all that high priced gear? Like rods for $50.00! And reels that sell for nearly that much! Why pay more than $12.00 for a fly line, they will catch fish just as well and the fish can't tell how much you blew on all that fancy gear. These guys and their high priced goodies ($100.00 combo's) look down on the average Joe and his cheap rods. Snobbism I call it.

Yes J.C., just like when I pull out the Shakespear Fiberglass bemoth rod and the Auto reel with old flat line on it and fish the Metolious. Some people just can't comprehend someone like me in blue jeans a t-shirt and this remarkable combo ,fouling up "their" waters.
I never look down on anyone no matter what they happen to be fishing with. By the same respest, I don't expect them looking down on me because if I happen to be fishing with a $600 Scott G. [/quote]

IMHO I think most people would look at your Scott G.. ask you about it.. ask to cast or use it.. hem and haw over it.. wish they could afford one.. and not look down on you.. nor envy you in any way.. it goes back to personal preference.. most people I have met on these boards who own higher end rigs.. worked to get them.. use them extensively.. but at the same time are compassionate and understanding of others who for whatever reason cannot afford that level at this point.. these are not the people I was talking about earlier.. and thank God.. the ones I was talking about earlier are in the MINORITY...not the VAST MAJORITY....

MacFly