Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk
Well said guys. I think at times we need to remember that most folks are living within their means and have other, higher priorities. Guess I am just a young, old fashioned guy that doesn't fit in a modern "me" world.

This is my most expensive rod:

http://www.orvis.com/store/product_choi ... at_id=7015

It was given to me by a great friend I met on this board. He also gave me a Rockey Mountain large arbor reel with spare spool. Both with lines and backing. Some folks could learn a lot from this person, I know that I have. Friendship and respect mean more to me than the status of expensive gear.

Like I said if expensive gear and status are what you want, good for you. Just don't let me catch anyone looking down their nose at others that are living within their means.

By the way, in general, but not always, the more expensive gear does perform better than less expensive gear. Just bear in mind that there are exceptions to that.
Very well said on all fronts (and rears and sides...lol)... and that outfit or one very similar to it would be what I will be looking for when I can afford to upgrade from the shakespeare I have now...

MacFly