[quote=Fly Goddess]
Quote Originally Posted by "J Castwell":a0daf
I amazed the folks at the Michigan 'Fish-In' with an opening casting demonstration, trick casting and distance (the whole line plus some backing). Then gave the whole thing (rod, reel, line, backing and leader) away to a person who only had one old rod. The combo I gave away sells for less than $60.00! The whole combo. So, who are these 'elitists' who are blowing big bucks on all that high priced gear? Like rods for $50.00! And reels that sell for nearly that much! Why pay more than $12.00 for a fly line, they will catch fish just as well and the fish can't tell how much you blew on all that fancy gear. These guys and their high priced goodies ($100.00 combo's) look down on the average Joe and his cheap rods. Snobbism I call it.

I resemble that remark (notice the wink)[/quote:a0daf]

Goddess... I would not call you snobby.. Id say.. from past conversations.. that you like most of us buy well within your budget.. now on occassion you may go over a bit.. but it is not a way of life.. I mean look at the money you save by tying your own flies.. plus your own leader.. plus you guide.. so all in all Id say you have it made in the shade.. and maybe on occassion treat yourself to a nice glass or boo you been looking at...

MacFly