+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bobbers and beadheads

Bead Head Wooley Bugger Lovers Unite!! The world is against us! It's time for us to rise and shine in this exalted sport. A pox on single catagory (dry, wet, nymph, terrestial, etc, etc. et. al) fly fishers!

BTW, with all this rain we're getting in Arizona I'm finding loads of earth worms at the bottom of my swimming pool and in the filter baskets. Now if I could only find some trout that can live in chorine treated water, I wouldn't even have to go "afield" to feed the many hungry mouths at my dinner table.

Back to tying up some more BH Wooly Buggers and a couple of BH nymphs.

------------------
    Snow on the roof with fire in the hearth

Just fish .. thats all just fish .

Jim S.,

I think you should crusade to get as many people as possible to follow your philosophy - no beadheads, no foam flies, etc. That way, when I come through, all those dry-fly sipping trout who haven't seen a beadhead in months are going to get ABSOLUTELY TOASTED by me, a #8 foam hopper, and a #14 tungsten beadhead red fox squirrel tail nymph!

Seriously, kidding aside, the beauty of flyfishing is that you can do it anyway you like (as long as it doesn't include bait!). So my hat is off to you for sticking to your morals and preferred methods. Best of luck to you and have a great season,

-John

I love these threads. Great conversation and respect all around.

last season we arrived on the #8 pool and a friend was talking with another guide on how to go after the pod of trout in the seam.

They couldn't decide between a carefully laid down dead drifting elkH caddis or a semi-sunk patridge 'n yellow.

While they were at it (in a very friendly fashion), my kid ties on a #6 mouse, lays it out 35 ft, lets it SINK 2 inches and scrummed it back towards the beach at 30 miles an hour. 2 ft from the seam, a nice fresh sea runner about 14 inches jumped him.

After he netted it (BBQ season), the guide AND my friend were both tying on mice too.

It was the ugliest, non-finess presentation/retrieve they'd ever seen. (he learned it from me

Sometimes, it's just luck.

------------------
    Christopher Chin
    Jonquiere Quebec

[This message has been edited by fcch (edited 14 February 2005).]
    Christopher Chin

+ Reply to Thread