One things for sure . . . Lake Erie is a Steelhead factory that must be working 3 shifts, 7 days a week because WOW is ther a lot of Chrome pumping into those tribs.

Had a meeting with the producer of the TV show I'm involved in and instead of driving to Ottawa and sitting in an office, we hooked up down in Pennsylvania to talk shop while chasing some fresh Chrome.

I didn't get down there and start fishing until around 11:00am on Thursday but that was all the time I needed to hooking to plenty of fresh Chrome. I brought my 6WT western Trout outfit along which consisted of a 10' rod and my trusty Islander trout reel. Using a tapered fluorocarbon leader that went down to 4X, I added bt more 5X and fished a mix of flies. Mainly small white Zonkers in size 8 and 10 and some various egg patters down to size 14. I also had great luck yesterday afternoon on some small black leech patterns.

Thursday the fish were being very aggressive and we hooked into a lot of fish. I guess as Erie trib fishing goes it was just OK but for Steelhead anywhere else it was a banner day and I had a great time. Between the 4 of us I'm guessing that we wrestled with over 50 fish yesterday. Biggest was right around 10-11lbs with most in that 4- 5lb range. What they lacked in size they more than made up for in strength : )

The Lake effect snow machine was runnig hard Thursday afternoon and into the night. The roads were a huge mess with buses, tractor trailers, cars and trucks off the road everywhere. Could not help but laugh when the big SUV's would pass us on the Thruway going way too fast for conditions and then 5 minutes we would see them spun out off the road or wrapped around a guard rail. Our exit was bocked after dinner by tractor trailer that lost control and then got stuck on the exit ramp. Bad stuff.

Friday was a whole other ball game. No snow first thing but then it fired up hard and was snowing like mad when I left around 1pm. Fish were much tuffer this day even though there was lighter pressure this am. We worked hard and between the 3 of us I managed 3 fish. All wanted small streamers. Other anglers we talked to at several spots were all saying the same thing.

So, having had my fill of fish and knowing I was going to have to deal with the snow for several miles I headed home. This was the first chance I have had to chase Erie Steel in many years and it was a blast. Looking forward to getting back soon.