This appeared a while back.
Author Topic: Home Waters
Al Campbell
Administrator posted 22 October 2003 07:28 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A while ago I wrote a series of articles on my home waters and issued a challenge to others to write about their home waters. Any takers?
IP: Logged

jargo432
Member posted 22 October 2003 07:34 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll go for it. Where do I send it?
---Jargo---

IP: Logged

Al Campbell
Administrator posted 22 October 2003 07:50 PM
Send them to: publisher@flyanglersonline.com
If you prefer, I can look them over first and edit as needed, then send them on; but JC usually does the editing stuff for FAOL.
I'm embarrassed to say that I only wrote one story on Homewaters. Always had plans to do another one and will be doing that now. Brian wrote one, Becky wrote a very good one, and Al wrote 7 stories about Black Hills fishing. If you were going to the Black Hills you would arrive the first time with knowledge of where to go, thanks to Al.

I didn't think this was going to be this hard. I had talked with Al a number of times on the phone last winter and thought that I had worked this through, said my goodbyes, I guess not.

The Al Campbell that I knew was one of the most unselfish men I have ever met. He would and did lay out all the fishing spots in the Black Hills and taught us how to tie the flys to fish them. If he could have he would have stood next to you and helped you catch fish.

WOULD YOU PLEASE, AT THIS TIME, JOIN ME IN ACCEPTING AL'S CHALLENGE? No one expects anything as far as the writing. If you could write, "I fish stream W on Cty Rd. 12 North of Bandtown, WV. Park by the bar and walk upstream a quarter mile and fish the big hole there. Use a brown and green wooly bugger about a #6 hook and keep it tight to the bank. On your way back, stop at the bar and have the cheeseburger deluxe." If you could write something like that for your homewaters it would be great. Let's see if we can help each other a little bit more. Accept Al's challenge, if you need help e me.

I'm going to close this now. Let me say "Thank You" in advance. We can do this. Let's see if we can't get 25 homewaters by July 1.

The last conversations that I had with AC he would tell me, in various ways, that he was dieing. I would, as light as I could, say "Only the good die young." And then tell him that he and I would probably see 150 yrs. old and we had a lot of fishing to do yet. I knew he wasn't coming along.

[This message has been edited by Chub1 (edited 12 May 2005).]