+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dave Scadden Float Tube Freestyle H3

Default Dave Scadden Float Tube Freestyle H3

Does anyone have any experience with or an opinion on the Dave Scadden Freestyle H3 float tube?

Normand Guest

Besides being too expensive?

My opinion is that its one of the top float tubes in the business. Dont get much better than this one.

Hello:
    I have been using a H3 for the last 8 months and can say it is without a doubt the best tube I have ever owned. I am 6'4" 250 lbs. and this tube floats me great. I have had a Bucks bullet, Woodriver Stealthrider and a Super Fat Cat and the H3 is the best of the bunch. Tons of storage, glides across the water with little effort, handles wind and waves great and has the most comfortable seat and back rest I have ever used. The workmanship and quality of this tube is the best. It is also rated for class two white water but I will pass on that.Yes, it cost allot, but it has a 10 year warranty and I figure I will be using this tube for years so it is worth every penny.

Lanny

Does it keep your butt out of the water like the Super Fat Cat?

YES !!!!

As far as keeping your butt out of water depends on how big you are. I am tall but tin to normal and i get a little water on the chair, my ol' man is 6'3 and around 225 and he sits in maybe an inch of water.
    I agree though, the H3 is the ultimate "V" tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Goddess
    As far as keeping your butt out of water depends on how big you are. I am tall but tin to normal and i get a little water on the chair, my ol' man is 6'3 and around 225 and he sits in maybe an inch of water.
    FG do you know how it compares to the Fat Cat in that regard? [I went from a Wood"s Gliderider for just that reason].

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly Goddess
    FG do you know how it compares to the Fat Cat in that regard? [I went from a Wood"s Gliderider for just that reason].

With the toons being 6' long and a bigger diameter. I say it is way above the SFC. You probably will be out of the water, but with waves and such I think you still have to were waders.
    I currently own an Adventure Outdoors "Echo" which is two Perma-bladder 4' 12" diameter pontoons with a small metal frame and a padded plastic seat like the big boats. On this I can wear hip waders, but again I don't weight that much.

Well, I think if I can sell my two float tubes I'll have to spring for one of those.

I saw an early model at an expo 1 1/2 years ago and it did look good...asked the guy when they were going to add oars and he said they were working on it...I wonder

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman
    Well, I think if I can sell my two float tubes I'll have to spring for one of those.

I saw an early model at an expo 1 1/2 years ago and it did look good...asked the guy when they were going to add oars and he said they were working on it...I wonder
    I do know they work right now with Kayak Paddles.
    Be sure and ask about the apron if you think you will need one. For some reason they think of it as an accessory.

+ Reply to Thread