I fly fish here in KY year round, and it does get cold at times, very cold. I have problems with having cold wet hands that dry up, dry out, and crack from exposure to the elements. I have tried numerous things trying to keep my hands warm, and somewhat dry, and still have bare fingers on the fly line without much luck. I'm currently using fingerless fleece gloves with rubber palms, and that seems to get me by.

I've got a really long list of things that don't work. For one, (and this was with temps in the low 20's when I tried it,) don't even think about putting surgical rubber gloves under fleece gloves trying to keep your hands dry and warm, absolutely brutal.

So my question is (and this would be while wading in tail waters): Has anyone out there found a "better mouse trap" where you have somewhat warm hands and still have your bare fingers on the fly line in cold weather wading? I have not tried any of the really expensive gloves for fly fishing. Is that maybe where I'm missing the boat?

Appreciate advice from anyone that has figured this out.

Bob