If this is in the wrong area feel free to move. This mainly goes out to new tiers. I have just started to take a part in fly swaps I think 5 or 6 now. They are fabulous. I am not a good tier but I submit anyway. The flies I get back are nothing short of excellent and give me good ideas for my own tieing. I have found if I am going to submitt flies I want them to look good so I now use all my tools. You know those tools everyone said you have to have and never took the time to teach you how to use them LOL. some you probably didn't even know there names. I now use all those tools and even make a few of my own for very cheap. Swaps have made me research different ways of tying and to ask questions here that I was afraid to ask. the hardest thing about the swaps was signing up for the first one. Take that step, jump in and go for it you won't be sorry. Your tieng will improve several times over. I have campared my flies I first started tieng to the flies in the swaps I have submitted and wow they are massively better. We have some really great people hosting swaps that put in a lot of time that need to be reconized for their efforts. Take the time and join one you won't be sorry.