+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: How many $600 -$700 rods do you own?

Default Re: How many $600 -$700 rods do you own?

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber
    Let's end this post with this...Are you happy with your rod(s), REGARDLESS of cost??
    I AM!!
    Mike
    Mike,
    This post isn't over yet! What happens when Tori wants a Bamboo Rod?????
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Since this topic started I've gone over to the dark side. I had never owned a high $$ rod (well one quite some time ago) and was always very happy with my mid priced sticks.

A couple of months ago I purchased an SLT off of ebay (so I didn't pay full $$) and I love it. It's spoiled me and made it difficult for me to use those mid priced rods I used to speak so highly of. At this point I wouldn't trade the SLT for anything though.

Sorry guys I guess I'm keeping this thread alive a little longer.

Greg

3. Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHamm
    Hi,

I suspect the more expenseive rods are often better in ways that benefit an expert more so than a novice or intermediate. For example, I suspect JC would notice the differences far more than myself. Because I might not be able to tell the difference, I would think there was no point to spending the cash to get the more expensive rod. And that would be true because my skill level wouldn't allow me to make use of the more expensive rods' characteristics - I would get nothing out of it. Someone like JC who can cast a broom (rather than someone like me who only appears to be casting a broom), however, could detect the differences, and as such if those characteristics are to his liking then the rod might be worth the extra cost to him.

- Jeff
    If only I looked like I am trying to cast a broom.Then at least people could recognize that I am trying to accomplish something.

Quote Originally Posted by glm38
    Since this topic started I've gone over to the dark side. I had never owned a high $$ rod (well one quite some time ago) and was always very happy with my mid priced sticks.

A couple of months ago I purchased an SLT off of ebay (so I didn't pay full $$) and I love it. It's spoiled me and made it difficult for me to use those mid priced rods I used to speak so highly of. At this point I wouldn't trade the SLT for anything though.

Sorry guys I guess I'm keeping this thread alive a little longer.

Greg
    Greg,
    Maybe your situation would change my thinking about owning a 600 dollar rod!
    A few weeks ago I purchased my first brand NEW Hawaiian Shirt at the Thrift Store, for $3.95. I was curious how much Hawaiian Shirts sold on the Internet for, so I checked it out!
    Hawaiian Shirts sell online for aprox. $40.00-$110.00 So if I find a SLT at the Thrift Store, you can be assured I won't leave it there!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

This post is getting more action then the WD40 one and makes about as much sense

Anyone for 259?
    When it gets to 300...sell!

Doug,
    The thread on the "movie" hat reminded me of the old fedora I bought at a thrift store a few years ago
    Ya never know what you'll find at those places
    That reminds me...
    I need some new shorts...
    they're 10 for $5 this time of year[url=http://www.thesmilies.com:7afb5][/url:7afb5]
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Goddess
    This post is getting more action then the WD40 one and makes about as much sense
    Joni,
    This post isn't like the Civil War that the WD-40 post turned out to be!!!
    Doug

a recent birthday card from my Daughter and Son in law( who I have taken flyfishing)

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
    Teach a man to fly fish
    and He will spend thousands of dollars on fly fishing equipment & flies.

Happy birthday to a "reel" man

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

None! All of mine came from Wal-Mart.

Semper Fi!

+ Reply to Thread