+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A cheer for Cabela's...

Default A cheer for Cabela's...

Last fall I had made an order to cabela's for various supplies needed for an up-coming salmon trip. Some of the items were not what I had expected, nothing wrong with them, just not what I really wanted. I was going to return them but never got around to it.

Fast forward to this years salmon trip. One of the chest packs I had ordered last year had a small seam that was unravelling, I had only used it once since I got it so I was a bit disappointed. I also found the other items I was going to return the year prior but didn't. I called customer service and explained my situation and they told me to send everything back, explain what I wanted done and they would do everything in their power to make me happy. I had asked for a refund for the gear never used and a replacment for the one pack I liked with the seam unravelling. Not only did I get exactly what I wanted, but they managed to return my new pack in time for this years trip. That was 2 weeks after I sent it to them.

Just thought I'd share the story. With so many companies giving up on customer service, I'm glad some still care for repeat bussiness.

Cabela's helped me out in a surprising way too. They sent a call tag for a rod blank that was misrepresented by their phone order person and not only that, credited my account with the original full amount and the original shipping. In the end, zero cost to me. I thought that was pretty good customer service.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Thats somewhat disquieting for me. I just purchased a chest pack on sale and when I received it the seem was coming undone where the strap connects to it. If they are that poorly made I am not really interested in owning one.

jed

think ya might have gotten Flyrodde's?

If so, I hope that someone here doesn't get mine *S*

jed

The seam on mine was on one of the hems in a mesh leader spool pocket. Nothing serious, just annoying. Other than that, everything I have ever received from them has been of good quality. When you deal with so much volume, some defects will get through. Even happens on high end cars.

Default cabelas and back order

Lets hope they are as good about back ordered products ... the rod wrapper kit I ordered is back ordered and I cant get an answer as to how long it is back oreder for .

They've always been exceptional for me - returns, back orders, or advice over the phone.
    Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. ~ Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread