As a guide, I often had to fish in all kinds of weather. Other than good weather, I found that days with light snow or rain falling always seem to fish good especially if there was no wind with it. A light rain, with dark skies seemed to bring a river to life. I liked to fish both streamers and nymphs during these times. I also found that orange scuds and red San Juan worms worked well as both dead scuds and worms would get washed into the river by the rain.

After the rain stops, try throwing some dry attractors. I have found that the fish will often look up after a rain and I have had some fantastic dry fly action in the hours following a nice rain.

As mentioned earlier, buy some good rain gear. Make sure you try it on and make a few casting motions in it before you leave the store. The other shoppers might think you are crazy, but nothing is worse than trying to cast with a tight jacket on.

Another good thing is, that you will often get a nice stretch of river to yourself when all the "fair weather" fishermen head home or stayed on the couch.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.wolfmountainfly.com
"A" TARGET=_blank>www.wolfmountainfly.com
"A</A> proud FAOL Sponsor"