Had to fly out to central Oregon this past week to deal with a family health issue on my wife's side and had a couple of mornings free. Took the 7 wt and some gear and fished the Metolius for only the second time. Caught a bunch of Kokes (fun, but not the target) around Allingham the first day then headed down to the bigger "Bull" water the next day. Hooked only one fish all day swinging a huge 6" double zonker but boy was it a beauty! A 28" bull in all his spawning glory (looked like he was finished with his business - a few weeks earlier that fish would probably have run around a pound or 2 heavier than the ~7 he was) smashed it on the swing and had me scrambling downstream for a long fight! Finally roped him in after a good rodeo showing (man those fish are hard to move off the bottom), jiggled the barbless 1/0 hook loose, and let him go. No pics as my wife, the photographer, wasn't able to get very close and the fight was pretty long. The fish never left the water and swam off under his own power.

Suffice it to say that I was hell bent on catching one and FINALLY did it! Wish I had pics to share but ah well, it was grand anyway. Can't wait to get back out there sometime real soon.

Marty