Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Caddick
Hey folks,

If anybody is looking for a new book full of fly patterns then i recommend that you get your hands on this one. It has over 1600 patterns covering flies for atlantic salmon, steelhead, saltwater, trout and more.

This book is only available through the authors, not through flyshops, as the profits go to help Youth Flyfishing in Canada.

The link to purchase or get more info is http://www.galesendpress.com which is Paul Marriner's company (he co-authored/edited the book with Robert Jones).

I went to Paul Marriner's house yesterday (7 hour round trip drive) to pick up my signed copy and while we were talking he mentioned that this book was about a 5 year project from start to finish. They both deserve a great deal of praise for the fine work they did.

I really lucked out in that Paul put my name second (Marc Madore was first & Jacques Heroux was third) in the list of tyers that he thanked in the "Acknowledgements". I was lumped in with Marc Madore, Jacques Heroux, Bryant Freeman, Jerry Doak, Bob Petti and Roddy MacLeod for a special thanks as his "go to" tiers. Man, i hate to see what the bill will be for getting included in that list of tiers.....

There are a ton of other well known tiers featured in the book too; Brian Chan, Phil Rowley, Claude Bernard, Mac Warner and Sheldon Seale to name only a few.
I had 4 of my Salmon and 2 of my trout patterns published in that book.