Since JC told me they were quailty products I got two Albright rods and one reel the other day. First off, the guys at Albright were first class on the phone, helping me with my decision and shipping fast (there is not yet an Albright dealer in Missoula). I got two GP rods, one is a 5/6 and the other an 8/9. Both are 4 piece. I haven't strung the 5/6 yet. I put a brand new line on the Albright GPX reel , a sage Performance taper for 9. I just cast it and it's pretty sweet. It had no problem with 50 feet of line, which is what I was limited to standing in my yard. It'll throw way more. I really enjoyed the feel not so common in a 9 weight and it didn't feel overlined. Accurate, moderately fast, progressive, smooth, and pretty are words I would use to describe it. It's almost too nice of a rod to use as a backup, which is why I bought it. I find the finish work first rate, the reel seat shiny and tasteful, but it's no REC. The blank is a nice shade of brown and the guides are oversized and shoot line well. The only thing I really don't like is that the tube diameter is too small to comfortably fit the rod.

I got the GPX reel for 9/10 weight and it looks much like a Bauer. I like the ease of taking the spool off and the fact that there is no incomming "click". The outgoing is a nice soft click. It is also very lightweight for a reel that holds so much line. Can't speak for the drag yet. One thing I can say and thank you to Albright for this: it holds more backing than they say it will. Not many reels do that.

The other rod I got is going to be for my clients to use when I guide. I think they will like it well if it as is good as the 9 but I haven't cast it yet. The wood reelseat is a nice touch of class to such a budget rod.

For the budget minded, these rods beat the pants off Temple Forks and have a lifetime warranty. Like TFO, they are made overseas.