I fully understand and agree with Deanna on these special amendments that are on State Elections. In Minnesota we have one Minnesota Constitutional Amendment that is on this years ballot.

Proposed Amendment would allow the State Sales Tax on the sale of all New and Used Vehicles, to be dedicated to Highway Construction, and Public Transportation (Light Rail). The bill states that no more than 40% could be allocated to Highways, and no less than 60% could be allocated to Public Transportation.

This sounds like a good proposal at first glance, but when examined, it is a terrible proposal. If the bill passes, all of the revenue could go to Public Transportation, and none to Highways.

Also when does a revenue bill require becoming part of the State Constitution. I hope this proposal is rejected at the ballot box. It should not be on the ballot in the first place, besides being presented in a confusing and misleading way.

Steven H. McGarthwaite

PS: I am not against Light Rail, I am just against the way this proposal was presented, and that is should not be as a State Constitution Amendment ballot. Funding is a finance issue, and should be settled as part of the State's Annual Budget by the "Ways and Means" committee of the State's Legislature.