I bought some very nice reel seats for my banty project that I have been working on. They have black hardware that came with them (sliding). At first I was just going to do everything else in silver, but then I thought that would look weird. I decided to order the rest of the components in black to kind of keep up with the theme. I have a stripping guide that I really would like to use, but its chrome plated. Anyone know of a type of paint that would work to make this black. I?m thinking hobby store model paint, or maybe Rustoleum? I haven?t used either in a while so I?m wondering if anyone has used something with success.

Also just to update everyone on how my reel seat luck has been turning out?I walked out of the bathroom this morning and noticed my dog chewing on what was left of a pencil, except that it wasn?t a pencil?it was my zebra insert for one of the aforementioned reel seats. I would have gotten extremely mad at him, but I?m taking him to get neutered on Thursday so I figure it?s his world for a couple of days.